Sunday, August 10, 2008

Night on the river

Yesterday evening we went out with Megan & Roger on their boat.  The smells and sounds of the river at night drudges up some very fond memories.

I grew up on the river.  It's my childhood stomping ground.  Summers were lived in the water and winters, well, we waited for the river to go down (they lower it so people can do maintenance on their docks) so we could catch crawdads (and make castles for them) or possibly find some lost treasure.  Actually, the closest I ever got to treasure were a pair of ray bans.  Sadly, no lost diamond rings.

My old bedroom overlooked our launch ramp so at night I would fall asleep to the sound of waves lapping against the river's edge.  Good memories.

I have also decided that I want a boat in the worst way.  It's not exactly affordable right now, but I am trying to think of things in this house I could sell.  Maybe John would notice if I listed all his stuff on ebay.  He wouldn't mind since it would be SO worth it right?

So here are a few photos for our little jaunt.

Rogers excited expression

John and I.  Doesn't he look slightly shocked?

Megan enjoying the view
This is such a river photo!
Sexy Megan
Technically all 4 of us are in this photo!

1 comment:

BC said...

Looks like an amazing time. Kelly was the one who introduced me to kayaking on the river. Nothing like floating along smelling the river, listening to the beavers slapping their tails on the water, being lulled into a dream like state by the gentle lapping of water on the side of the kayak, floating dangerously close to blackberry brambles just to steal a taste or seven of their sweet berries! So awesome.