Monday, July 19, 2010

Vegas trip

This trip came in the nick of time! I've needed an adults only not staying with family vacation for quite awhile. I know some people hate Vegas. It's too smoky, dirty, skeezy, slutty, whatever. The fact is that Vegas can kinda be whatever you want it to be. That's the beauty of it. Plus it's only 3 hours drive for us!! I have no guilt in saying that I love Vegas. Let me also say that I love TV while I'm at it. And not just the artsy indie movies (which I do adore), but I love The Bachelor/ette, most Showtime & HBO series, Law & Order SVU... I'll pretty much watch anything.

Okay, back on topic.

We had great company as well for the trip, our fantabulicious friends Joaquin and Erin. Actually most of the photos were taken by Joaquin (the rest by John). I wasn't about to lug my camera around on this trip and as usual, my phone was dead (actually it's not that usual on a day to day basis, but on trips my phone is NEVER charged).

Friday night was out on the town. We hit Studio 54 & Nine Fine Irishmen. You can go wrong with some live Irish music, especially when they play yours requests of Tell Me Ma and Alice. If you don't know those songs, look 'em up.

Saturday night was the actual point of our trip, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes. If these guys are coming anywhere near you (and by near I mean within flying distance even!) you have to see them. You could call it almost a spiritual experience. I can also say that you will probably be the happiest you've ever been watching a concert, or maybe even just period. Their album is fantastic, but is meant to be heard live. You just can't beat it. Watch the below video. Those are my hands clapping right in front and you can catch a glimpse of John right behind me now and then. You can see the happiness right?!



Kid Meets Cougar opened for Edward Sharpe and were amazing as well. I've heard a rumor that they might be visiting Parker.............


John

Joaquin









Nine Fine Irishmen

Kid Meets Cougar

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes

All hipstamatic photos taken by Joaquin Vences.

No comments: