Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ack!

It's been ages since I posted here last. I have been lurking on friend's blogs, but just haven't had the gumption to tackle mine. I'm tired, working later (and more), battling criticism (comes with the job) starting to work weekends again as well... did I mention I'm tired? I'm sure it doesn't help that my medication is changed (and by changed I mean upped) every 6 weeks. By the time I start feeling acclimated it's time for an added dosage. This means a couple weeks of non stop yawning (no matter the coffee intake) itchy/blotchy skin, and sometimes unfounded grouchiness.

But despite all that, everything is actually quite good. I'm being kept quite busy, which is something I NEED (though even I wonder about the upcoming months... eek!) and I have friends on which to lean on.

Yesterday was a doozy. I've never been good with criticism (admittedly) but I can honestly say that it was completely out of my hands and I just happened to be the messenger/bystander. I work at a non-profit for pete's sake! But after what was an awful day I had friends gather round to share a few beers and talk nonsense for a few hours. I can't even feel upset about yesterday anymore. With the risk of sounding a bit corny (I'm awful at being sentimental)... I'm quite blessed. Thank you John, Lindee, Cherre & Erin. I love you THIS much.

Also, thank GOD for Trueblood and the Sookie Stackhouse series of books. Amen.

No comments: