Thursday, July 31, 2008

Exercising my burro

Do I take him for walks?
Why yes I do, but this is not what I'm talking about at the moment.

Do I lunge him around the arena at a proper trot?
Well no,  he hasn't been taught this as of yet.

Do I ride him in the nice sandy wash?
Are you crazy?  He's just a year old!

Do I run around flailing my arms like a crazy person in the hopes of getting him to run around?
Okay, I admit to this one, but again... it's not what I'm talking about.

Wait...
Wait for it...
Waaaaiiiittttt......





Do I get on my quad and ride in circles around the arena while he keeps perfect pace?
DING DING DING DING DING DING!  We have a winner!

My little burro is excellent.  I can speed up to a gallop or slow down to a walk and he stays right by my side.  It's brilliant.  When I properly introduced him to the quad (after spending 30 minutes running by it's side) he promptly grabbed hold of the tear in the seat and well, made the tear a whole lot bigger.  He then proceeded to gnaw on the tires.

Maybe this doesn't seem to you as great as I think it is.

Maybe you're like "Poor little mentally challenged burro.  The owners are so abusive to make him run in circles". 

But maybe, just maybe, you think he's just as wonderful as I do.

I love me some Woolly Nelson.   I promise to post a video soon.

3 comments:

candacemorris said...

is this a stupid question?

why the hells do you own a burro?

Melissa said...

Go back through my older posts. You will see a little picture of a baby burro and it will give you the full story.

UmberDove said...

A burro, a burro! I want to see the burro run!